Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, sauerkraut casserole batch 8. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sauerkraut Casserole Batch 8 is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Sauerkraut Casserole Batch 8 is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have sauerkraut casserole batch 8 using 27 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sauerkraut Casserole Batch 8:
- Prepare Breading————-
- Get 1-1/2 teaspoon Caraway seeds
- Make ready 2 cups lightly crushed cornflake cereal
- Get 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Get 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare 2 teaspoon molasses
- Take 1/2 cup vegetable lard/ shortening
- Take 2/3 cup self-rising flour
- Prepare 1 cup warm water
- Prepare 1/4 cup melted butter
- Get Bottom———–
- Take 30 ounces sauerkraut drained
- Prepare 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Take Meat———–
- Make ready 2 pound ground sirloin
- Prepare 1 small onion chopped
- Take 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Get 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- Get 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Get 29 ounce tomato sauce
- Prepare 1/2 cup raisins
- Get 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Get Toppings————-
- Make ready 5 ounces crushed potato chips
- Get 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Steps to make Sauerkraut Casserole Batch 8:
- Preheat oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the breading ingredients except the pepper, butter, and garlic, into a dough and knead lightly. Roll out the dough.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray add the dough to the pan all over the bottom.
- Mix the garlic and butter and brush/ coat the top of dough. Then Sprinkle with ground black pepper.
- Add the sauerkraut to the top of dough.
- Sprinkle the sauerkraut with the brown sugar.
- Brown the beef and spices with the onion. Drain the meat. Leave 2 tablespoons of drippings with the mixture.
- Add the raisins and spices. When the beef is browned. Simmering for 10 minutes.
- Mix the tomato sauce and cheese and add to the beef mixture. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Taste and adjust spices.
- Pour the beef mixture over the sugar and sauerkraut.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake 35 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and add the potato chips to the top of the casserole and sprinkle with more parmesan cheese on top.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes
- Let rest for 10 minutes and serve.
- I hope you enjoy!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food sauerkraut casserole batch 8 recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!